What are the new trends?
A kitchen is a vital component in each home. When it comes to remodeling or making changes, consider new kitchen trends for 2018. The McAlister Home Group has researched what is new and fresh in today's industry. Another way to say this is, "What's In and What's Out!" Upgrades can also help the resale value of your home if you decide to put it for sale on the market.
- Cabinets with darker colors or grey undertones are in demand this year. The color scheme can even be mixed with varying shades for a unique look.
- Purples are back! When it comes to paint, the various shades of purple are in for 2018. Paint shades can greatly vary based on whether it is flat or shiny and by different brand names. Use a design center or an online paint tool such as one offered by Sherwin Williams to see what the paint will look like in your home.
- Bold back splashes are also making a comeback. Back splashes need to strategically match and bring the entire kitchen together.
- Stainless steel and black stainless steel appliances are the new must have. The look is sleek, elegant and simply breathtaking.
- If flooring needs to be replaced, dark wood flooring is the way to go. There are many types of wood floors ranging from real hardwood to bamboo. Understand the differences between each type to determine the best fit for your kitchen.
- Design the entire kitchen from the ground up. Make sure you consider, paint, cabinets, counters, back splashes, hardware, appliances and flooring. Put the whole look together before starting the renovations.
Enjoy redesigning your kitchen and focusing on kitchen trends for 2018. If you are looking for contractors to help with your kitchen renovations, the McAlister Home Group would be happy to provide our trusted partners.
Choose the McAlister Home Group – The Right Team for You!
The needs of our clients and exceeding expectations are paramount to our team’s success and longevity. We enjoy the privilege of working with home sellers, home buyers, relocation companies, investors and commercial clients. With over 40 years combined experience, the utmost level of professionalism, expert market knowledge and a network of extensive contacts, we take the stress off our clients when working with them to buy and sell their home. Our commitment is to put you in a position to win! Whether you are looking for a change, moving up or downsizing, let us help you through the buying and selling process. Don't wait, contact the McAlister Home Group today!
Bookmark the McAlister Home Group blog and check back regularly for articles on Atlanta events, activities and other valuable information. Also, be sure to share our blog with family and friends on Facebook!