Simplify and Start the New Year
We all have busy lives with so much to do. Sometimes rooms that need decluttering are challenging to get to. Well, 2018 is here. There is no better way to start off the new year than with new resolutions.
Declutter your home with these simple steps and before you know it, your home will be transformed. You may uncover hidden treasures, decide to change out some decor or even buy new accent pieces to go with the flow of the new space.
Ideas to Help Declutter
- Set aside a specific amount of time each day. 5 minutes or 10 minutes at a given time will allow you to work on each room without feeling too overwhelmed. If you feel a burst of energy, you can always declutter for a longer period of time. Having a daily goal will allow you to remain on task.
- Start with one room or space. There may be many areas that need focus, but working through one room until it meets your expectations offers a great sense of accomplishment.
- If you have not used it in a while, donate it. Try not to hang onto everything. You will find clothes and other items that have not been worn or used for some time. Put these in boxes or bags for charity. If it is not worthy of donating, put it in trash bags to throw away. Recycle what is possible.
- Use social media to advertise big ticket items you may no longer want. If you are thinking to declutter by removing furniture, kitchen appliances, comforters, etc, social media is a great way to get the word out. Take pictures and post detailed description to help get things moving. Word of mouth travels quickly.
- Hire a professional organizer. If you have larger spaces that need greater attention or additional time and you are limited in what you can do, hire a professional. Many people organize for a living and would welcome the opportunity to assist.
These few simple tips from will be a great way to start off 2018 in the right direction.
Choose the McAlister Home Group – The Right Team for You!
The needs of our clients and exceeding expectations are paramount to our team’s success and longevity. We enjoy the privilege of working with home sellers, home buyers, relocation companies, investors and commercial clients. With over 40 years combined experience, the utmost level of professionalism, expert market knowledge and a network of extensive contacts, we take the stress off our clients when working with them to buy and sell their home. Our commitment is to put you in a position to win! Whether you are looking for a change, moving up or downsizing, let us help you through the buying and selling process. Don't wait, contact the McAlister Home Group today!
Bookmark the McAlister Home Group blog and check back regularly for articles on Atlanta events, activities and other valuable information. Also, be sure to share our blog with family and friends on Facebook!