The Metro Atlanta is in Full Bloom!
April is one of Atlanta's most beautiful months. If you like to garden, you will surely enjoy these gardening tips for April.
We have some great suggestions for lawns, shrubs and trees, flowers and bulbs, vegetables and delightful April blooms. Enjoy this article and stay tuned for suggestions for May.
Let Your Garden Thrive!
- Lawns -- A beautiful green lawn consistently needs 1" of water per week. If you have a lawn sprinkler system, setting the timer is a great idea. If you manually water your lawn, it may be a good idea to run a simple test to determine how long it takes to accumulate 1" of water. Use an empty can and fill the water until it is 1" full. That is the amount of time it takes for you to water one segment of your lawn so water accordingly.
- Shrubs and Trees -- Flowering shrubs and trees should be pruned and fertilized after blooming. It is important to do this before the summer heat begins.
- Flowers and Bulbs -- The seeds of most annuals may be sown in beds after April 15. Summer annuals are commonly purchased in packs of 6, 12 and 18 with the root system already established. Weed garden beds frequently.
- Vegetables -- Let weather and soil temperatures govern your vegetable planting. Usually by the end of April, it is a safe bet to plant most tender vegetables. Consult with a gardening professional at your local gardening center if you are unsure about starting your vegetable garden.
- April Blooms -- The most common April blooms are Irises, Tulips, Azaleas, Lilacs, Spireas, and Dogwoods.
Once again, please enjoy these gardening tips for April and let you gardens thrive!
Choose the McAlister Home Group — The Right Team for You!
The needs of our clients and exceeding expectations are paramount to our team’s success and longevity. We enjoy the privilege of working with home sellers, home buyers, relocation companies, investors and commercial clients. With over 40 years combined experience, the utmost level of professionalism, expert market knowledge and a network of extensive contacts, we take the stress off our clients when working with them to buy and sell their home. Our commitment is to put you in a position to win! Whether you are looking for a change, moving up or downsizing, let us help you through the buying and selling process. Don't wait, contact the McAlister Home Group today!
Bookmark the McAlister Home Group blog and check back regularly for articles on Atlanta events, activities and other valuable information. Also, be sure to share our blog with family and friends on Facebook!